Wednesday

Appear In Video Chat

Appear.In  Video Chat

Google Hangouts is great. Potential uses of hangouts are endless. But sometimes I need a way to connect to someone who is NOT logged in to Google or does not have a Google account, or in our recent situation in Oconee, a new web filter temporarily blocked Hangouts video portion from working properly. Appear.in is a great tool to have in your arsenal. Appear.in will allow video conversations with up to 8 people for free and there is no log in required — no installs. Just connect, name a room, and talk. 


If you want to claim a room you do need to sign up for the free account. My room is shown below. I have the ability to LOCK my door to my room and anyone that wishes to join must KNOCK first. I can see them on camera and decide to let them in or not. Screens can be shared between all users. And if someone needs to leave, I can kick them out with the Ninja icon....  :) . 




You can use Appear.in on your phone, and join a conversation from anywhere. Download the apps for Android or iOS. There is also a Chrome extension for use in the chrome browsers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! All comments are reviewed/moderated prior to being made available for the public to read.