NASA’s 21st Century Explorer will:
- Educate learners of all ages about:
- space exploration
- the challenges of long duration space exploration missions
- the environment in which the human explorer must function, and
- the technologies required to sustain human life during long duration space travel.
- Stimulate students’ interest in STEM while simultaneously involving the community, including educators, parents and, family members in this process.
Each of the twelve, bilingual educational packages consists of:
- a 30-second, multimedia, student-hosted newsbreak,
- a web explanation of the space exploration topic,
- an educator and student hands-on activity guide, and
- supporting materials (glossary, quiz, and book and web resources).