Debbie Arnold asked today for a few resources for Pearl Harbor, specifically for a virtual field trip. Here are a few things I found after a little digging around and the old net....
1. National Geographic: Pearl Harbor http://plasma.nationalgeographic.com/pearlharbor/ax/frameset.html This site gives an interactive timeline to explore the events and area of Hawaii. The main site for NG:PH is http://www.nationalgeographic.com/pearlharbor/
2. Arizona Memorial: Provides limited video conferences each year to schools http://www.arizonamemorial.org/education/education-services-vc.html
3. General resources on Teachers First: http://www.teachersfirst.com/getsource.cfm?id=10453
4. National Park Service site: http://www.nps.gov/valr/index.htm
5. Free Educational Materials from the Govt: http://free.ed.gov/keywords.cfm?keyword_id=653
6. Eyewitness to History: http://www.eyewitnesstohistory.com/pearl.htm
The only webcam I found was taken down several years ago and still had a static image up of the harbor. If anyone knows of a cam in PH, please let us know....THANKS!