Wednesday

Keyboard Shortcuts

A few days ago in a class I was surprised to have a teacher point out to me that I use "too many shortcuts". I wasn't sure how to take that at first and I asked her to elaborate. Her point was that I use alot of keyboard shortcuts that sometimes leaves the user in question as to what exactly I did to "make something happen".  I take for granted sometimes that I do that and please do point that out to me if you ever are in class with me and I assume too much! I thought you may enjoy a few keyboard shortcuts so I have pasted a list below that I found on the Microsoft website. Most of these are for WORD, but most work in all Microsoft Applications. ENJOY and Keep me on my toes!

 





















































































Select text



Shift + Right Arrow, Left Arrow, Up Arrow, or Down Arrow to highlight text



Copy selected text



Ctrl + C



Cut selected text



Ctrl + X



Paste selected text



Ctrl + V



Undo your last action



Ctrl + Z



Select all the text within your document



Ctrl + A



Bold text



Ctrl + B



Italicize text



Ctrl + I



Underline



Ctrl + U



Decrease font size



Ctrl + Shift + <



Increase font size



Ctrl + Shift + >



Change font



Ctrl + Shift + F, then use the arrow keys to reach the new font



Change font size



Ctrl + Shift + P, then use the arrow keys to reach the new font size



Create page break



Ctrl + Enter



Create new document



Ctrl + N



Open My Documents window



Ctrl + O



Close a document



Ctrl + W



Save a document



Ctrl + S



Print a document



Ctrl + P



Preview what you're about to print



Alt + Ctrl + I


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! All comments are reviewed/moderated prior to being made available for the public to read.